Sunday, June 1, 2014

6/7 Weekly Goals

I did quite a bit better with my goals for last week. I actually accomplished almost all of them, I'm still hung up on that first FBA shipment, but I'll get to that. If you want to see what my goals for the last week click the link below and it'll take you to the post.

CLICK HERE

So, I did write two blog posts this past week, which I am super proud of. Writing one of them sparked the idea for a bunch more I need to write on the subject of Ebay and selling. Just some basic stuff that someone new to game might like to know about. I also managed to remember to take more photos for the posts. So goals for the blog were met! If you want to read either of those posts you can find the links below.

GETTING STARTED ON EBAY
MY WEEK OF BUYING AND SELLING

As far as listing on Ebay I actually listed 12 items during the time frame, and I still have 3 items that didn't sell from the last batch of listings sitting on there. So, in total I have 15 items listed for a total of $174 in sales. IF everything sells of course. Right now 1 item has a bid, so barring a customer that doesn't pay, I know that item will sell. So my goals were met, and exceeded on the Ebay front.

Now, Amazon FBA. If you've been following, or have read some previous posts I seem to be having a hard time getting started with this. I started one box, and thought I had a good amount of stuff to send in. Then I found out that a product that made up 75% of my box, they won't take. It was different deodorants, and they are considered a "meltable" and they won't take them :( I also purchased some grocery items to send in instead, some little seasoning packets and such, but I have to make my own barcode for these products. Two problems: I'm out of ink for my printer to make labels, and second I'm not really sure HOW to make my own barcode. I still think Amazon FBA is a wonderful system, and once I get into it it will be great for me. However, I'm finding as I get into this more and more that there is A LOT that goes into it. There are restricted areas to sell in, that you have to apply to get into, there are a lot of rules on packaging, lists of what you can and can't sell, and of course the fees are high. That's the trade for less work, they take more money. Which is fine with me, but I'm finding that there really is a certain profit margin I should be looking for to make a good profit. Which kind of leads me to my weekly goals for this week.

GOALS FOR 6/1 - 6/7

  • Research, Research, Research Amazon FBA - I need to watch more videos, listen to more podcasts, and read some more of the blog posts and information through Amazon Seller Central. 
  • List the 6 items I still have for Ebay
  • Find, either around the house or through sourcing, at least 4 more items to sell on Ebay.
  • Learn how to make my own barcodes and get my grocery items marked, and packaged for the FBA shipment.
  • At least 1 more blog post. Although I'd like to shoot for two more at least.
  • Create a spreadsheet for my Ebay products - cost, sales, shipping etc.

So, there you have it. My ups and downs from the last set of goals. I don't consider not meeting any of my goals a failure, just consider it a learning experience for me. I've already seen myself doing better with meeting my goals. I think the simple act of putting them out there, not on some piece of paper I'll soon forget about, is helping me hold myself more accountable. I've also noticed that writing down what I've been making is helping me stay focused! Soon I'll write my (small) monthly earnings and expenses post. Again, a great way for me to track my progress and keep myself going.

No comments:

Post a Comment